Thursday, June 30, 2011

Estate Sale Chairs

I just wanted to throw a quick post out there showing you the chairs that I scored at an Estate Sale last Friday. My aunt Linda called me early in the week and informed me of a sale where they were on a mission to clean out! So I ran up there to attend with her and this is some of the loot we walked away with.

The above chair reminded me very much of the chair that I gave a makeover a few months back (to see that project, CLICK HERE). This one is just begging for a little love. Not sure if it will get painted, but a newly covered seat is! For $2.50, this was my favorite find.
Then there were these two chairs... they just made me smile, so I had to take them home. Eventually they will get a paint/stain job and a new seat. For now they are waiting in a stack of projects, but for $1.00 a piece, they weren't going to be left behind!

Well, these are the chairs that were scored! We also picked up a beautiful giant yellow ceramic jar that looks great on my kitchen shelf (I'll snap a picture for ya sometime soon), some adorable owl trivets that were hung on the kitchen owl, big frames for artwork, a cute little white ceramic frog and box of scary owls who are going to goodwill very soon. We filled Linda's car for only $6.50. We grabbed supper at the cafe and spent the rest of the night yakking it up... it was a great day!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Man you could have invited me with but then we would have had to fight over that pair of matched chairs - they are gorgeous!

Chris & Kelli said...

Haha, I should have thought of that! Sorry, my bad! There were actually lots of "pairs of chairs" - the guy who lived there used to restore old furniture so it his yard was pretty much Project Heaven! I was actually really disappointed that I didn't bring the truck!