Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saying Goodbye to NYC

So day seven was sort of bitter-sweet. I finally got to go and see the two major highlights on my NYC itinerary, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
The day began with me having a little fun with the "Techno Echo." Just so you know, this giant mega phone is located underneath an interstate overpass. I'll be needing awesome benefits to cover hearing aids next week!
Another interesting point... they look like normal bricks, right?! Nope, these are made of wood. They are located at an old railroad terminal where the ferry from Liberty State park departs.


Ellis Island!!! This was the only major tourist site that I had hoped to see while on this trip. I was so happy to be able to do this today! I only have one hour on the island so I ran to see the major areas such as the registration room. Due to this lack of time, I did buy a DVD all about Ellis Island, so I look forward to learning even more!



After the island the ferry went to Liberty Island, where I got to view the famous lady up-close and personal. She is magnificant, although not as large as I had imagined, still astounding! I only had an hour here also, so I made sure to walk around the island and take a few different pictures. Hopefully, I will be able to share a few more pictures in future posts.



And like I said at the beginning of this post... a bitter-sweet ending. I have fallen in love with this city, it's history, and it's scenery... I am very sad to be leaving... BUT I could not be happier to finally getting home and spending some much needed time with family and friends!!!

I miss you all!!!

No comments: