Friday, October 12, 2007

Simply Beautiful

I moved into my new hotel in Jersey City on day six and I must say... it is beautiful! Below are a few pictures from the hotel property.
The beautiful bridge connecting Statten Island and Brooklyn.

Lady Liberty and Ellis Island.
A giant duel sundial right behind the hotel.

Incredible Manhattan!!!


This was probably one of the most interesting things I have seen in some time. My hotel is actually located atop a pier in the Hudson river. Along the pier are many fisherman... ok so not that interesting so far, right?!


Well... they are not baiting their hooks... The lures that they are using are HUGE and all have at least three giant hooks on them! And what they are doing is dropping the lure to the bottom of the river and yanking the line so that they hook through the fish.


I was amazed to see them all drop in a line and immediately pull out fish. Some of these fisherman had numerous hooks on one line, so they were able to pull out multiple fish at a time.


Now... was that interesting?! Maybe not, but I liked it :)

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wow Kelli! It looks like you have been very busy. Thank you for updating your blog so we could all see what you have been doing. Blowing insulation back into the ceiling of the hog barn today, I'm sure you wish you could be here for that as you got to share in the experience when it all came out of the ceiling! Can't wait to have you back home. Love from all of us! Mom

Marsha said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed the tour of New York that you have shown here. It looks like you are having a great time and it was so fun to see the photos of you with Jennifer!

Enjoy the rest of the trip...stay safe!