Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nashville - A Whirlwind Trip

Hi Ya'll! Yep, I caught myself using a southern twang more than once during last week's trip... but with all the southern charm surrounding me, I didn't let it bother me much. I figured with hot/sticky weather that continued to remind of this whirlwind trip - I was about time I shared some pictures (note that the first two images were not taken by me, rather yanked from the hotel's website).


This is the magnificent Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN. It was stunning and not to mention GINORMOUS!
Just check out this map! My room was located in the Garden Conservatory section, but I spent lots of time walking around and most daytime hours in the convention center for a food show.

There was tons of greenery in the three "atrium" areas, as well as the outdoor pool area in the Magnolia section.


Even waterfalls! I have to admit that having everything indoors was really nice with the weather being so warm is sucked the air right out of your lungs.


There is even a river in the Delta section, complete with a river boat that you can ride for a tour! Sadly, I didn't have time to partake in that excursion.


Also in the Delta area, was the Delta Island. Filled is cute boutique shops (more on one of those later) and restaurants! We spent quite a bit of time here and over the the "bar district" aka Magnolia.


On Monday evening we headed down to the Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville's riverfront district for a work event. We actually rented out the entire bar and threw everyone a concert!


The band that was hired was amazing! If you ever get the chance to see the LoCash Cowboys, don't miss out! They are brothers who have an amazing variety of talents! They were singing their own songs, other country songs, Kid Rock, Michael Jackson, Black-Eyed Peas, etc. Extremely fun evening!


On Tuesday I actually had some free time to spend with a friend! Jenna lives about an hour outside of Nashville and made the short trip to spend the night together. We headed back down to the riverfront district to eat at the Hard Rock and stroll around.


She about jumped out of her pants when this "statue" whistled at her! So we paid the man and took our picture. It was a low-key night that I will never forget. Love you Jenna Ann. And this is about all the pictures I took on my trip - other than a walk through a store that I will share tomorrow - I flew out Monday morning and back Wednesday afternoon... whirlwind trip filled with many memories, even if there are only a few pictures! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jennifer Boyle Penney said...

I think I missed why you went to Nashville--business trip? Looks like a cool city!