Sunday, January 16, 2011

Embracing Obsessions

Last weekend was a very productive weekend of working on resolutions, so I thought I would take some time to work on another one. Embracing Obsessions. As I explained a few days ago, spending a night at home watching movies, isn't very unusual for us but those circumstances were different.
-
In all reality, we can be found most nights on the couch watching TV, especially during the Winter months. I will usually have my computer out working on stuff for work, and Chris has full control of the remote. So I wanted to take some time and share what we like to watch and some of our favorites.
-
When it comes to TV, these are our current favorite shows.
-
-
The Big Bang Theory is really the only show that we actually watch on "TV" besides football - we only have very basic cable. All of our other favorites we stream instantly through Netflix. We love that we can watch seasons/series at one time, we are not patient people... waiting a week in between episodes doesn't always appeal to us! So our current favs on Netflix are Prison Break and Weeds! Love 'em!
-
-
Here are some of our old favorites! Buffy is a classic for us and we love watching her whooping the bad guys. Along that line is Spartacus, this is actually one of my favorites ever! In our family, I am the blood and guts loving girl, the more grusome the better! I'm disturbed like that... And probably our favorite show to ever watch together was Lost, we were big fans and we didn't even start watching until after Season 5 was released on DVD.
-
-
Following along the lines of TV watching, I thought I would take a minute to share what our favorite movies are. Above are Chris' top three picks. We watch a ton of movies at our house, but The Punisher is his favorite (hence his pumpkin from this year, found HERE). His movies all seem to have a comic book theme going on, and that's because we seem to watch a lot of them. I tend to put up a fuss, saying I don't want to watch another one, but in the end I usually like them more than he does.
-
-
These are my favorite movies of all time! Dramatic, I know... The Shawshank Redemption is as good as it gets for me. Violence. Drama. Thriller. Tear Jerker. Though Provoking. Doesn't get much better. (Plus it has Morgan Freeman, my fav!) The Fox and the Hound always makes me cry, I've loved this movie for as long as I can remember... and The Ringer, of course. This movie makes me laugh every time and I absolutely adore it, oh mylanta!
-
Chris thinks my top three make me seem "sweeter" than I am. Meaning that he thinks they don't show my dark side, so I thought I would mention that following The Ringer, my runner ups include: 300, The Condemned, Death Race, Dawn of the Dead and any of the Final Destination movies... Sounds cruel, but they are all very near the top of my favorites list.
-
Now that I've given you and inside look into one of our obsessions, I hope you'll share some of your favorites with me? Any movie that you could watch over and over again? Is there a show that you never miss on TV? Do you use Netflix? If so, what do you watch? Any suggestions, we are almost done with Prison Break and Weeds?

1 comment:

Jayme said...

We love the Big Bang Theory as well! I have also watched all the seasons of Weeds through Netflix. We are now starting to watch 30 Rock. If you like blood stuff have you watched Dexter yet? You'd like that I bet.

Also you NEED to watch Modern Family. It is by far the best show on TV! Wednesday nights at 8:00pm on ABC.