Monday, January 24, 2011

Breaking Routine #2

Well we decided to give another new recipe a try this weekend! What do you feed a guy how only likes meat and starch? More starch! You disguise other food groups as cheese and sauce... so I decided to try and make one of Chris' favorite recipes: Stuffed Manicotti!
-
-
I used the recipe I found HERE. Using advice in others comments here is what I changed, I used an Italian blend cheese instead of the Monterrey Jack, and I added some basil and garlic powder to the cheese mixture. We only cooked half the package of noodles (simply because we are only two people and that's a whole lotta noodle!) and we only cooked them for four minutes, they were super easy to stuff - simply put mixture in a ziplock bag and snipped a tiny whole in the corner - squeeze to fill!
-
I cooked mine covered for 30 minutes, then removed the cover and baked another 10 minutes. I wanted a darker cheese, so I broiled it. I do this often, the only issue is that I get distracted very easily (too many shiny things) and the cheese always gets burnt. Oh well. I am happy to announce that this is the first success of the year! Might not be pretty, but sure was yummy!
-
Chris - Thumbs Up!
Kelli - Thumbs Up!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Way to go, Kelli! At the moment I'm trying to figure out what to prepare for supper tomorrow night. I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone and cook more...plus, Brad is getting sick of being the only cook in the house.