Friday, October 23, 2009

Even the mighty start small...

On Sunday, we decided to head to Itaska State Park. None of us had been there before, so we thought this would be a great opportunity! We visited the Headwaters, drove the Wilderness Trail and climbed Aiton Fire Tower. It was a beautiful day, with the sun shining and temperatures were above 60 degrees. I got a little camera happy at the park, taking over 220 pictures… I thought I would share just a couple of my favorites. Costumes of Yester-Year postponed until tomorrow.



Marsha - do you know what this fuzzy yellow pine tree is?!









1 comment:

Marsha said...

It is a tamarac tree, a deciduous conifer, which turns a brilliant gold before losing its needles each fall so not a true evergreen. I fell in love with them on an autumn vacation to Itasca about 10 years ago and bought one for my backyard. It is really gold right now I need to take a photo for the blog.

I love the road trip and you have some pretty great photos...proves Jennifer might have some competetion in the photo business :)