Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back to the Wedding

Lately, my project list has come to a halt. I have not been feeling well, so really nothing new to blog about... because of this, I thought I would go back to wedding projects that were never posted. So hop in the DeLorean, we are going back to the wedding!
-
First up are the gift bags for all the fine ladies that helped out with our special day! I wanted to buy a bunch of damask bags for everyone, but that started to look a tad spendy and with a wedding budget, it just wasn't going to happen... so that's when I started getting frugal.
-
I decided I could get the same effect with some black paint, spray adhesive, bags from Hobby Lobby and paper doilies of course!
-
-
Step 1 - Iron bags to lessen the creases.
Step 2 - Spray the back of your paper doilies with adhesive and place on the corner of the bag.
Step 3 - Wash your hands, cause they are now all sticky.
-
-
Step 4 - Paint the edges of the doily.
-
-
Step 5 - Let the paint dry slightly (approximately 5 minutes), and then carefully peel the doily off of the bag. Note: if the paint dries completely, so will the adhesive - making it difficult to get the entire doily off the bag.
-
-
Step 6 - Once the doily is removed, let the paint dry completely.
-
-
Step 7 - Paint an initial, or whatever you choose, in the corner... I painted all my initials by hand, I am sure that there are other ways to do this, such as stenciling, but it really didn't take that long this way. I got some transfer paper and traced a letter onto the bag, then filled it in with more paint.
-
-
Step 8 - Take a step back and admire your work. Give yourself a smile and a nod for a job well done, and a wedding budget met!
-
Well that is all for today, hope you enjoyed! And yes, if you did notice, the photos are from different times and bags, the one with the "K" was my practice bag - once I was happy with that, I started the assembly line!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE my "L" monogrammed bag you made me...I use it every day to bring things to-and-from work.

Chris & Kelli said...

Really glad to hear it! The "L" was my favorite to make, all swirly and gorgeous! :)