Monday, May 23, 2011

Torn Apart

Remember last week, when I posted about finding a gorgeous vintage radio at a local antique store here? Remember how excited I was? Well let me give you an update.

-

-

I found the above radio and paid only 5 clams to call it mine! I brought it home and immediately plugged it in. I assumed that the clock would work and the radio wouldn't (I don't know why, I just did)... I was expecting that this would be a visual piece only. I was wrong! The radio worked and the clock didn't! Woot woot! I can definitely fix that!

-

-
This is where Chris comes into the picture. While doing my happy dance, I caught his attention. Now I don't know about your men, but when mine sees that I am about to disassemble something - he totally wants to join the fun... so I played nice and handed him the radio. He immediately removes the back...
-
-
This is when his eyebrows mush together to form one...
-

-
My beautiful radio is deemed a fire hazard, and I am told to never plug it in again... So I smile and nod, and tell him to hand it over. This is when he cuts off the power cord... whomp whomp whomp.

-

-
By the time he is finished... the radio has been pieced apart... I will work on getting the clock functioning again - but the radio is history. Bummage. Just tack it onto the ever growing project list...

-

My trip to the antique store is started to sound like a horror flick after this and the peacock episode... Sunken hearts, halted happy dances and unfinished endings...

-

Welcome to Monday...

No comments: