Monday, February 28, 2011

Knob Makeover

After our wedding in September, we had quite a few bottle stoppers left over. I gues our count was off a tad, but oh well - more for us! At least that is what we thought... There is only so much you can do with heart stoppers, and they are not always the right choice for gifts... so we decided to transform them.
-
-
During a visit to our local Habitat store, I spotted these... and it was a total light bulb moment! So with the hubby's help (I'm not allowed to run the welder), we transformed bottle stoppers and knobs into...
-
-
Unique and conversation starting stoppers! I want to paint the copper piece, but Chris likes them this way. Now I am on a hunt for more knobs that I can surely whip the spray paint out for!
-
-
Here's to taking what you've got and giving it new life! More projects to come. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Love them! I like the copper piece too :) You two are so good at these makeover moments. When do we get to see the final photos of the painting you were doing upstairs?

Chris & Kelli said...

Once we complete the painting I will share. Right now we are working on getting new "base boards." We want the cheap 1x8s from Menards, but we haven't found enough straight ones yet. And I am not happy with the closet cubby, so that is getting a total makeover! But I will share a project for that room later this week! I am uber excited!