Monday, June 4, 2007

February 2007

In Febuary my family and I took a trip to Puerto Rico, I have to say it was beautiful! We spent a week there and got to do and see many great things. Our hotel was gorgeous, with an uncountable number of pools and a lazy river, in addition to being ocean front.

Tiana and I spent a lot of time walking around the property and taking a ton of pictures!


We went snorkling on one of the days; this was the first time any of us kids have been snorkling. We took a sail boat off shore and swam at two different reefs. We saw lots of fish, an eel and a crab-lobster. We got to feed the fish, they would swim right up to you, and on our way back to the main land we saw two iguanas.


We also took a day trip around the island. We went to the world's third largest cave and spent a lot of time in the truck. It was a good day all around. Here is Tiana and I on a frog statue at the cave. This frog is the island's "mascot." We thought they maybe just liked it, because they have it them in every gift shop. Then one lady explained that it is hard to catch a glimpse of one, but you here them all the time. She made the noise they make, and we immediately recognized it; we had thought it was a bird we were hearing.


Mom, Dad and I took a quick trip to the Bacardi factory one day. It wasn't the greatest tour, but the drinks were free! Might I say, I think we spent a bit of time in that gift shop.


Mom, Dad, Tiana and I spent a day in Old San Juan. It was really neat to see all of the historical buildings, as well as some new ones (see below). We went to an old fort and walked for what seemed like forever, but it was one of my favorite days.


This was a great trip, one of which no one wanted to end. We had a great time being around eachother, and finally taking a trip that was completely scheduled with theme parks and other attractions. We took plenty of time to relax and take in the gorgeous view.

No comments: