Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Making Happy Saturday Mornings

It's only Tuesday, and I'm already shot... so I thought I would post about what makes me happy! Saturday morning caramel rolls are a favorite at our house! I don't normally post any recipes on this blog, because I am not a great cook - but there are certain things that I do well at and caramel rolls are one of them! On Friday night I set out two loaves of frozen white bread dough, as soon as Chris sees it we both get excited for Saturday morning!

While we may cheat on the dough and use frozen, our caramel is what the rolls delectable! It is my mother-in-law's recipe for Perfect Caramel. Gather all of your caramel ingredients:

1 C. Brown Sugar

1/4 C. Sour Cream

1/3 C. Butter

1 Tbsp. White Syrup

Melt all of the above ingredients in a sauce pan, just until melted. You don't want to cook too long or your caramel will become hard in the oven.
Pour your caramel into the botton of a 13x9" pan. (See the thawed bread dough in the background? I put it on a cutting board and cover it "loosely" with plastic wrap, allowing it to rise, but not to break free - exposed areas will become crusty.)
Next I grab one of my loaves of raised dough. I flour my counter tip and roll it out. Once I have a nice flatten area, I spread it with butter and then sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamin.
Then you roll it up and slice into six even rolls. Follow the same process for the second loaf by flattening, spreading, sprinkling, rolling and cutting.
Almost done! Next put your rolls in your caramel pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Now we need to let the rolls rise a little bit. I place my pan on the stove to help it rise and cover it with a dish towel for about 25-30 minutes. Then I pop them in the oven for another 25-30 minutes of baking, remove them when they are golden brown.
Let the rest for 10 minutes, then flip them into another pan or onto a cookie sheet. We like to eat ours right then and there! Ooey Gooey Yummy Goodness... now I'm hungry... bring on Saturday!


Linking to Remodelaholic

No comments: